2nd March 2016
April 2016 sees the introduction of a new Chief Executive at HMRC, Jon Thompson, heralding the start of a massive shake up at the government department.
What impact will the changes have?
From the £1.3bn digital overhaul, to ongoing concerns over historically appalling customer service, to security concerns associated with over 17000 frauds attempts on company data at HMRC, there’s a lot on the HMRC plate. And whatever happens it will have serious ramifications . We’ve put together views on everything going on with the HMRC, with no stone unturned in this compelling report.
So how will these changes impact the payroll process and what should you be prepared for?
Our report looks at
- Why the 2016 secure digital tax accounts will be the first test of the incoming Chief Executive
- The impact of the new tax portal on small business
- The implementation of quarterly tax models by the HMRC, and the possible effect on accounting costs
- How 38 minute helpline delays could stifle business growth
- Why data security during this change is critical, following 17000 fraudulent fraud attempts on the HMRC
There are a number of factors that need to be taken into consideration this year, with large implications for Payroll teams. It’s important to get your house in order now, to eliminate the need to communicate with the HMRC during this change